Looking for mediterranean heat on a sunny beach or midnight sun in Scandinavia or Iceland? Find out where to go on holiday in June both in Europe and overseas.
Which country is best to visit in June?
Here are the most popular destinations with nice weather in June:
Best holiday destinations in June for sun in Europe
Holiday in Croatia in June
June is the perfect month to visit Croatia for its warm climate and stunning scenery. Croatia has plenty of beaches, mountains and lakes that are perfect for relaxing and enjoying the many hours of sunshine.
Croatia is home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Plitvice Lakes National Park, Diocletian’s Palace, and Krka National Park. These sites offer visitors beautiful natural landscapes and amazing historical landmarks that are worth exploring.
One of the best ways to enjoy Croatia is through water sports. There are many water sports options available for any taste, from sailing to scuba diving. In fact, Croatia is one of the top ten countries for scuba diving worldwide. It offers everything from beginner courses to advanced training programs.
There are also plenty of fun activities to try during your trip. Hiking in the mountain ranges along the sea, biking, and kayaking in the crystal-clear sea are popular activities. There are also lots of museums and galleries to explore. And if you’d prefer to spend your days relaxing, Croatia has plenty of accommodation options.
Flight time from UK to Split: approx. 2.5 h
Average temperature in June on the Makarska Riviera:
- Daytime maximum temperature: 27° Celsius
- Night temperature: 19 °C
- Water temperature: 22 °C
- Number of rainy days: 9
Amalfi Coast in June
June is a busy month, and if you’re planning on taking some time off work during this period, then you might want to consider visiting the Amalfi Coast. The area has become famous for its beautiful beaches, picturesque views, and warm climate. It’s also home to many luxury hotels and resorts where guests can enjoy relaxing holidays.
The most popular activity here is relaxing on the beach or taking a boat ride along the coastline. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, too. Some of the best restaurants include Osteria dell’Antiquario, Ristorante La Locanda di San Domenico, and Il Giardino delle Marchese.
Flight time from UK to Naples: approx. 3 h
Average temperature in June at the Amalfi coast:
- Daytime maximum temperature: 27° Celsius
- Night temperature: 15°C
- Water temperature: 23°C
- Number of rainy days: 5
Menorca in June
June is the perfect month to visit Menorca if you’re looking for a relaxing break. The balearic island is warm enough to enjoy outdoor activities, while still being cool enough to enjoy the beach. There are plenty of places to explore in Menorca, from historic towns to beautiful beaches. June is the ideal month before the busy peak season in July and August, the hottest months in Menorca.
There are many sights to see on Menorca, including the Cathedral of Santa Maria de Gracia, which dates back to the 12th century. The town of Esporles has a lovely castle dating back to 1183, and you can also visit a cave system called Guanyem d’en Salou.
One of the most popular destinations for tourists visiting Menorca is Porto Cristo, where you can spend a day exploring its caves. These caves were used during World War II as shelters for Allied troops.
For foodies, Menorca offers a wide variety of restaurants. You can eat tapas at the Plaça Major, while enjoying traditional dishes at La Mola Restaurant. Or try one of the many seafood restaurants along the coast.
Menorca is home to several festivals each year, including the Festival dels Sants d’Esperança, which celebrates Saint Anthony and takes place every summer. Other events include the Fira de Sant Joan, held in August, and the Feria de Benidorm, which takes place between September and October.
Flight time from UK to Menorca: approx. 2.5 h
Average temperature in June in Menorca:
- Daytime maximum temperature: 26° Celsius
- Night temperature: 17 °C
- Water temperature: 21 °C
- Number of rainy days: 6
Turkey in June
Turkey has become a popular destination for many travelers over the years. It offers beautiful scenery, blue water, delicious food, and cheap accommodation options. There are plenty of places to visit during your trip, including Istanbul, Antalya, Bodrum, Cappadocia, and Fethiye.
The Turkish Riviera is a beautiful stretch of coastline along the Mediterranean Sea in southern Turkey. It has long been popular among tourists who enjoy its warm climate, stunning scenery, and relaxed atmosphere. The region is home to several famous resorts including Antalya, Kemer, Side and Alanya.
In Turkey accommodation is plentyful and even 5-star hotels with all inclusive meals and drinks are very affordable. There are plenty of activities available for visitors in Turkey, including water sports, hiking, horse riding, golfing, shopping, relaxing on the beach, visiting historical sites, exploring the countryside and taking part in festivals, visiting a hammam for relaxation. June is the perfect month for a beach holiday when you’re not dependent on school holidays as it’s cheaper and less crowded than in the peak season. But the way: Turkey is a value for money place for celebrating special occasions like weddings.
Flight duration from UK to Antalya: approx. 4 h
Average temperature in Side in June:
- Daytime high: 30 degrees Celsius
- Night temperature: 19 degrees
- Water temperature: 23 degrees
- Number of rainy days: 2
Holidays in Turkey
Provence, France in June
Provence, in Southern France, is home to many stunning places to visit. It’s where the French Riviera meets the Alps. There are plenty of activities to do here, including relaxing on the beach and enjoying delicious French food. The weather is warm and sunny in June, making it the perfect place to spend a summer holiday.
Here are some ideas for things to do while you’re visiting Provence in June:
- Visit the city of Avignon. It was the seat of the Papacy from 1309 to 1378 and nowadays is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a tour of the palace or just wander through its streets and admire its architecture.
- Take a day trip to Arles. It’s famous for being the birthplace of Vincent van Gogh, who spent several years living here. Visit his former house and see the paintings he created during his time in Arles.
- Enjoy the gorgeous beaches of Cassis. Located near Marseille, this picturesque town has stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea. Spend the afternoon swimming, sunbathing, and taking part in water sports.
- Spend a few days in Nice. It’s a charming seaside resort with a long sandy coastline. Explore the Promenade des Anglais and enjoy the views of the sea.
- Explore the mountains of the Luberon region. This area is filled with natural beauty. See the medieval villages and castles scattered throughout the hills.
- Visit the Côte d’Azur. It’s located along the southern coast of France and is known for its luxurious hotels, casinos and nightclubs.
Algarve, Portugal in June
Portugal has become more popular for tourists in the past few years. With its beautiful beaches, amazing food, and rich culture, it’s no wonder why so many people choose to visit the country every year. However, if you haven’t yet visited Portugal, now is the perfect time to plan a trip in June with many hours of sunshine.
Albufeira in the Algarve, the Southern coast of Portugal, is a popular destination for tourists. Many visitors choose to spend their days relaxing on the sand, while others prefer to explore the nearby mountains. There are several hiking trails, and you can rent bikes or scooters to explore the area or party all night long.
Lagos is another popular beach destination. With a population of nearly half a million residents, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the town. However, if you look beyond the busy streets, you’ll discover a charming seaside village filled with quaint cafés and lovely boutiques.
Flight time from UK to Faro: approx. 2.5 h
Average temperature in June in the Algarve:
- Daytime high: 25 degrees Celsius
- Night temperature: 16 °C
- Water temperature: 18 °C
- Number of rainy days: 2
Cyprus in June
Cyprus has become incredibly popular over the past few years. It’s now one of the top destinations for Brits to visit during their summer holidays. In fact, according to TripAdvisor, it’s currently ranked number five in Europe for British travellers.
With its Mediterranean climate, stunning beaches, and beautiful scenery, it’s no wonder why people love visiting Cyprus in the summer. The weather is warm and sunny, and there’s plenty of opportunity to enjoy activities, from swimming in the sea to relaxing on the beach.
There are many different places to visit in Cyprus in June, including Ayia Napa, Limassol, Larnaca, Paphos, Protaras, and Troodos Mountains. And while most of these locations aren’t exactly cheap, if you book early enough you might be able to save money.
- Ayia Napa is one of the most popular destinations in Cyprus. Located just north of Nicosia, it’s full of hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops. There are also lots of water parks and other attractions nearby.
- Limassol is another popular destination in Cyprus, especially amongst tourists. It’s located south of Nicosia, close to the coast. It’s home to a host of great sights, including the Old Town, the Tower of Philip of Macedon, and the Archaeological Museum.
- Larnaca is located in the South of Cyprus. It’s home to some amazing old churches, museums, and monasteries. It’s also where you’ll find the Blue Grotto, which is one of the most famous natural wonders in Cyprus.
- Paphos is another beautiful location in Cyprus. It’s a large city with a long history and is full of ancient ruins and museums. It’s also home to the iconic Virgin Mary statue made of pure silver.
- Troodos Mountains is another place worth checking out in Cyprus. It’s located near the centre of the country and is home to lots of breathtaking views. There are also lots more fun activities to do here, including hiking, horse riding and zip-lining.
Average temperature in June in the south of Cyprus:
- Daytime high: 32 degrees Celsius
- Night temperature: 18 °C
- Water temperature: 23 °C
- Number of rainy days: 0
Morocco in June
Morocco is a beautiful country located in North Africa. It has stunning beaches, ancient cities, friendly locals, and amazing cuisine. However, if you’re planning on visiting Marocco, then you might want to consider booking your trip in June and spend it by the sea in Agadir. That’s when many hotels offer special discounts and promotions. July and August are too hot for a cultural trip to Marrakech and other cities.
In addition to its climate, Morocco offers a wide range of activities and attractions. There are plenty of historical sites, including palaces, castles, and fortresses. You can also enjoy hiking, biking, paragliding, horse riding, and much more. You can also travel to the mighty Atlas Mountains to explore the breathtaking scenery and go on a hike. it is cooler up there.
Flight time from UK to Agadir: approx. 3.5 h
Average temperature in Agadir in June:
- Daytime high temperature: 28° Celsius
- Night temperature: 17°C
- Water temperature: 19°C
- Number of rainy days: 0
Book a holiday in Morocco
Greek Islands in June
One of the best holiday destinations in June are the Greek islands. It’s pleasantly hot and sunny, but the busiest and most expensive months July and August are yet to come. Here are the best Greek islands for a June holiday.
This Greek island offers visitors a chance to experience the beauty of nature at its finest. The lush greenery, crystal clear waters, and white sandy shores make Crete a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Find out more about Crete.
Known for its picturesque views and charming towns, Corfu is a popular tourist destination in Greece. Visitors can spend hours wandering through the cobblestone streets and admiring the architecture of the town’s historic buildings. It’s also a great place for hiking.
The most photographed spot in Greece, Santorini offers visitors endless opportunities for adventure. With its dramatic volcanic landscape, crystal blue waters, and charming villages, Santorini is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the country.
Rhodes is an island just off the Turkish coast. It has been inhabited since almost 6000 years, with archaeological evidence of human settlement dating back even further. Today, it’s known as one of the world’s top beach destinations, hosting almost six million tourists each year.
Kos is the second largest of the Dodecanese Islands in Greece. Its capital and largest city is Kos Town. Kos attracts visitors with its pristine beaches, fascinating underwater sights and great nightlife. Find out more about Kos.
Flight time from UK to Kos: approx. 4 h
Average temperature in June in Kos:
- Maximum daytime temperature: 29 degrees Celsius
- Night temperature: 19 degrees
- Water temperature: 22 degrees
- Number of rainy days: 0
Fantastic hotels in Greece
Long-haul holiday ideas in June
Kadavu/Fiji in June
June is the perfect month to plan a trip to Kadavu Fiji. The weather is warm, the water is clear, and the beaches are pristine. There are plenty of activities to enjoy while you’re there, including diving, snorkeling, fishing, hiking, and relaxing.
Kadavu Fiji is located near the southern end of Viti Levu, the largest island in Fiji. It has beautiful white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, and lush vegetation. There are many resorts and hotels available, making it easy to stay anywhere from a few days to several weeks.
You can also hike through the rainforest, relax on the beach, or explore the coral reefs. Whatever you choose to do, you’ll love being in the sun and sand of Kadavu Fiji in the summertime.
Bali in June
Summertime is here, and that means it’s time to hit the beach! If you’re planning on going somewhere warm during the summer months, we recommend checking out Bali. It has everything you could possibly want from a tropical holiday spot—beautiful beaches, amazing food, and gorgeous scenery and June is the ideal time for it.
There are many ways to enjoy yourself in Bali, including relaxing on its beautiful white-sand beaches. You can also explore the island’s rainforests and wildlife reserves, visit ancient temples, and hike through lush green jungles.
Zanzibar in June
Zanzibar is a stunning island located off the coast of Tanzania in Eastern Africa. In June, the rainy season is over and the dry season starts latest at the end of June. It’s home to beaches, waterfalls, coral reefs, and lush jungles. There’s plenty to explore in Zanzibar, including the Stone Town area, Pongwe Island, and the Spice Islands. The best part is that most of these places are open until late into the evening, making it easy to visit during the day and enjoy the sun while enjoying the beach.
Flight time from UK to Zanzibar: approx. 12 h
Average temperature in June in Zanzibar:
- Maximum temperature during the day: 29° Celsius
- Night temperature: 22°
- Water temperature: 26°
- Number of rainy days: 5
Excellent hotel in Zanzibar
Yosemite National Park/USA in June
If you love nature, then Yosemite National Park is the place for you! June is a popular month for tourists due to its warm weather and beautiful scenery. The park has plenty of activities to offer, including hiking, camping, and swimming. It’s also home to many natural wonders like Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, and El Capitan.
There are several ways to visit Yosemite National Park. Some options include taking a guided tour, renting a car, or booking a flight. Whichever option you choose, you’re sure to enjoy your trip to California’s most popular destination.
Canada in June
Canada has become a popular destination for travellers from all over the world. In fact, tourism to Canada has increased by 30% since 2014. Whether you’re planning to visit family, friends, or just enjoy the beautiful scenery, here are 5 places you must visit in Canada this summer!
- The Great Lakes Region – Located near Toronto, Ontario, the Great Lakes region offers visitors a chance to experience both urban and rural life. With its charming towns and scenic lakeside beaches, the area is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who love hiking, biking, boating, fishing, camping, and much more.
- Niagara Falls – Home to the largest waterfall east of the Mississippi River, Niagara Falls is a stunning sight to behold. Visitors can ride the Maid of the Mist boat tour or enjoy a walk along the Whirlpool Bridge.
- Vancouver Island – Located off the coast of British Columbia, Vancouver Island is home to many beautiful beaches and quaint seaside villages. The island is also home to Stanley Park, where visitors can relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Banff National Park – Located in Alberta, Banff National Park attracts thousands of tourists each year. Known for its spectacular mountain views and natural rock formations, Banff is a great place to explore the wilderness.
- Quebec City – Situated on the banks of the St Lawrence River, Quebec City is full of character with cobblestone streets and historic buildings. It’s also the birthplace of the famous bagpiper piper pipers.
Macchu Pichu in Peru in June
If you love adventure, then you’ll enjoy visiting Peru during the month of June. In particular, you’ll want to visit Macchu Pichu, a small town located deep in the Amazon jungle. While many tourists come here to experience the beauty of the region, others come to hike through the rainforest and explore the ruins of ancient civilizations.
With plenty of natural wonders to discover, including waterfalls, caves, and rivers, this area offers visitors plenty of outdoor activities to choose from. The best part is that everything is within reach thanks to the cheap flights that you can book online. When you arrive at your destination, you’ll feel refreshed after a long flight.
Macchu Pichu is a short drive from Cusco, making it easy to combine sightseeing and adventure into one trip. It’s also close enough to Machu Picchu that you can easily spend two days exploring both sites.
Frequently asked questions about where to go on holiday in June
Where is the hottest weather in June?
Destinations with average temperatures above 30 degrees:
Is June a good time to visit Maldives?
The Maldives has some great beaches, but it gets really hot during the summer months. If you don’t like humid heat and downpours, the Maldives in June is not for you. It’s the rainy season and the monsoon is sweeping across the islands.
Where can I swim in Europe in June?
The Mediterranean Sea is heating up. Generally speaking, the Southern and Eastern parts of the Mediterranean Sea are the warmest with temperatures between 20 and 25 degrees.
Is June a good time to visit the Caribbean?
No, rather not. June is in the rainy season and the Hurricane season starts. It’s not raining all the time, but it’s hot and humid and can get stormy. Consider the winter months for a holiday in the Caribbean.